Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Happy birthday to me

Yes, I was born on 27 September 1965, which by a happy quirk of Einsteinian physics makes me 28 today.

27 September is the 270th day of the year.

The average pregnancy lasts 266 days.

So I was conceived on 4 January 1965.

Which just happens to be the day TS Eliot died.

If I was Shirley Maclaine I'd probably now proclaim myself to be Stearnsy's reincarnation, but there are a few irritating obstacles like not being sure I was conceived on the 4th: if it was the 3rd I'd be a bit stuffed.

There were also a few tens of thousands of other people born on that day, like comedian Rhona Cameron (who incidentally, used to live in Musselburgh, as I did) and no less than two Canadian politicians, Peter MacKay and Bernard Lord.

And, without wishing to come over all Richard Dawkins, there isn't the slightest shred of evidence that reincarnation occurs.

Oh, and TS Eliot was one of the giants of literature and I'm just a blogger with an irrational hatred of Mary Jane Watson.

Apart from those, I reckon I'm a shoe-in.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Many happy (belated) returns for your 28th.

4:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home