Thursday, October 20, 2005

Gone, gone, it's all gone

Has anyone else noticed how illiterate and foolish the new comics bloggers are? It makes me want to scrape my eyeballs out with a bottle-opener when I read the wretched drivel these so-called writers come up with. Oh, for the halycon blogging days of 2003, when tumbles, Scratchy the Smuggle and bagomuffin used to assemble over at Snipponista and exchange extensive messages exposing with brilliant clarity the meta-comic book project in all its myriad forms. How we used to laugh and jape and gently tease. Bliss it was to be alive at that dawn of time!

Now, I fear, the barbarians are camped in the citadel. Classic blogs like "Whoops missus I've lost my sausage" and "John Byrne defecated in my bathtub" are empty shells: the ghosts of their writers have long departed, and we few faithful old timers must live in a world shamefully devoid of clarity, talent and beauty. It's darkness, I tell you, darkness.

Woe, woe.

Woe.






Coming up tomorrow - a hastily put together review of Thor #312, where Thor hits Loki with a big hammer.

5 Comments:

Blogger Guy LeCharles Gonzalez said...

Ha ha! Nice one.

NOTE: I'm laughing WITH Mr. Fish, not AT Mr. Fish. ;-)

1:50 pm  
Blogger Mark Fossen said...

You are so right, Mr. Fish.

3:49 pm  
Blogger Marionette said...

About halfway through that rant I think you started channeling Frankie Howard. By the end of it I was expecting you to start saying things like "And now, The Prologue."

5:36 pm  
Blogger Harvey Jerkwater said...

Had John Byrne in fact defecated in my bathtub, I would indeed have centered my blog around the act.

Pity he did not.

Someday, perhaps.

6:07 pm  
Blogger Scipio said...

I am happy, in this instance, to laugh WITH Mr. fish.

1:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home